Influencer marketing is making use of well-known people on the Internet to market your product or service. These influencers are people with a huge follower base and authority to influence their fans or followers in some way. You can find these influencers on social media, and hence they are also known as “Social Media Influencers”
Why Influencer Marketing?
Think about the last new product you tried and how you found out about it. Did someone tell you about it? Did you google it or go to its website to see what people had to say about it? Ask a friend about it?
My guess is that at some point before you purchased it, someone recommended it to you. That someone could have been your friend or family member, your favorite social media influencer, a trusted expert, a credible media outlet or even another brand or organization you trust.
Let us see some reasons why influencer marketing is important:
- Almost every company is using it to reach their target audience quickly.
- An efficient way to enter the target market quickly and reach the real audience.
- An alternative to paid ads and more efficient.
- High ROI because of targeted exposure.
- A great strategy to position the brand image and identity.